Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Busy, busy, busy












Wrapping up the school year. This time of year always feels like a tornado flying me around by the seat of my pants. There is always so much to do to finish up the year and get the classroom packed up. It is really emotional, too--saying goodbye to the students I have spent all year getting to know and love so well.

This year it is even crazier with Alice crawling around and pulling up on everything she can see. On top of that we are making arrangements to build our new house in Buda and put this old little place on the market. We have packed up quite a bit of our extra stuff. It was a little sad this weekend--I put my craft stuff into storage. Bummer. But I know it is necessary to clear out some of our clutter.

So there are boxes and misplaced things everywhere--all in the process of relocating. We keep working to make this place look better--but somehow it seems even more messy! On the up side--Alice loves pulling herself up on all the boxes.

W finally got Alice's crib fixed this weekend when Mommy was in town. So we have been trying to get Alice to sleep in her own room the past few nights. She wasn't happy about that. Poor thing. But I have to admit,I have slept really good the last few nights with my whole side of the bed to myself.

Next week we have an appointment with the guy who will help us pick out all our options and upgrades for the house. We are thinking double vanity, garden tub and tile!

This week Alice has her 9 month check-up. We have a few faculty end of year parties,
a few summer trainings and a wedding anniversary coming up, too. I told you we were busy!

You may have been alarmed by the pictures of Alice with a green face. No worries--she is not turning into a little green monster--it's just spinach! Yummy strained spinach. She loves it!

No comments: